AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to LinkedInLinkedInLinkedInShare to TwitterTwitterTwitterShare to FacebookFacebookFacebookShare to MoreAddThisMore 02 JAN 2018 Chris joined the Mobile World Live team in November 2016 having previously worked at a number of UK media outlets including Trinity Mirror, The Press Association and UK telecoms publication Mobile News. After spending 10 years in journalism, he moved… Read more Author Tags Home Bidders given more time to prepare 9mobile offers Chris Donkin Previous ArticleFirstNet detractors backtrack as all 50 states opt-inNext ArticleAT&T launches LTE-M in Mexico MTN Nigeria mulls pricing change after bank row Related MTN Nigeria payments access restored Nigeria’s telecoms regulator agreed to extend the deadline for the sale of troubled operator 9mobile to January 16, after the original lapsed without a final decision.The Cable revealed the contents of a letter from the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) to the operator’s current owners Emerging Markets Telecoms Services, approving the extension – which gave shortlisted bidders more time to prepare binding offers.9mobile – the former local unit of Etisalat – was saved from collapse by regulators in mid-2017 when both an investment fund and Etisalat exited the country after defaulting on a $1.2 billion loan.The operator is the fourth largest in Nigeria with 17 million connections, according to GSMA Intelligence estimates for Q3 2017. Potential suitors include rivals already present in the market – Bharti Airtel, Globacom and Smile – alongside several investment companies.Interested parties must submit a binding offer by the new deadline, which will be considered by the owners of the company and Nigeria’s communication and banking authorities.Previously the Central Bank of Nigeria and the NCC described the deadline of December 31 2017 as “sacrosanct” for the transfer of the operator into new ownership. Nigeria suspends SIM card sales, registration Etisalat NigeriaNigeria
The Phoenix office of JLL released its Q3 2016 Phoenix Office Report, highlighting benchmarks and includes the lowest vacancies since 2008 and still-rising rents. Still, Phoenix remains one of the most affordable office markets on the West Coast.“More companies are recognizing that Phoenix has an extremely strong labor pool and very affordable cost of living,” said JLL Managing Director John Bonnell. “All three of these factors are big wins for companies seeking to escape the high prices of Northern California or other primary markets.”“New York-based Oscar is an example of this,” said JLL Executive Vice President Ryan Bartos, referencing the health insurance company’s recent move into 95,000 square feet at The Circuit, at 615 S. River Dr. in Tempe. “Oscar was excited that Phoenix not only provided affordable real estate but that cool, creative office product was available in our market. The company is also very focused on providing their employees with a strong quality of life and liked the fact that Phoenix has so much to offer.”Companies like Oscar have helped reduce overall total vacancy in metro Phoenix to 19.7 percent in the third quarter, down significantly from the recessionary peak of 28.1 percent and signaling continued improvement in the market. At 2.6 million square feet year-to-date, total positive net absorption is also on track to exceed 3 million square feet by year’s end – the highest level of absorption since 2005, when 4 million square feet was absorbed.These factors are creating some notable submarket trends, including:Asking rents have increased 50.8 percent in South Scottsdale since 2011.The South Scottsdale submarket represents the largest percentage gain in average asking rent rates in metro Phoenix over the past five years.Asking rents increased from $20.73 per-square-foot (Full Service Gross) in 2011 to $31.26 per-square-foot as of third quarter 2016.The Galleria Corporate Centre had the highest asking rent growth of all properties in metro Phoenix, rising from $21.12 to $38.00 per-square-foot – or 80 percent – over the same period.The Tempe submarket is a close second, with an increase of 34.6 percent.In Tempe, average asking rates grew from $21.63 to $29.12 per-square-foot – or 34.6 percent – over the same time period.Hayden Ferry Lakeside currently has the highest asking rent in the entire Valley, at $45.00 per-square-foot.However, Phoenix still remains one of the most affordable office markets on the West Coast.Phoenix is home to one of the most affordable office markets in the West, behind only Salt Lake City and Sacramento, with a current asking rent of $22.68 and $23.52 per-square-foot (Full Service Gross), respectively.The asking rent in San Francisco is 204 percent more expensive and Los Angeles is 57 percent more expensive than Phoenix, making the Valley a popular destination for companies looking to expand and relocate outside of California.
The Demag brand will cover 11 all-terrain crane models, ranging in capacity from 100 to 1,200 tonnes, and seven lattice boom crawler crane models, with capacities from 400 to 3,200 tonnes.Terex Cranes president Ken Lousberg commented on the reintroduction of the Demag brand: “We’re doing it because our customers asked us to bring the Demag brand back. It is as simple as that.”He added that the manufacturer would continue to operate as one organisation representing two brands, with customers of Terex or Demag branded products receiving the same value-added services. www.terex.com
By Randy PospishilNORFOLK, Neb. (Aug. 8) – A week after Gage Koch, a junior at Norfolk Catholic High School, won his first feature in the Hobby Stock division at Off Road Speedway, Joey Haase – who will be entering his junior year at Winside High School this fall – earned his first win in the Karl Chevrolet Northern SportMod division Saturday night.The two have crossed paths on a racetrack before as competitors for two seasons in the now-defunct junior hornet class at Riviera Raceway a few years ago.Haase won the division title in their first year of racing, while Koch won the second year.Haase took advantage of his outside second row starting position along with the race’s second caution and restart to obtain the lead, then held off pursuer Justin Addison for the final 13 laps of the 18-lap race.“These last few weeks I’ve had a lot of bad luck. We went through two transmissions in the last two nights and seven DNFs,” Haase said. “It’s been a bad year for us, so to get this win is really awesome.”Addison was second and Troy Bruns finished third.TeJay Mielke took the front spot from Cameron Wilkinson with four laps remaining and built a secure lead en route to the IMCA Sunoco Hobby Stock win. Wilkinson fought off Tiffany Bittner and Nate DeSive for second.After just a three-car field a week ago, due to drivers having family obligations–and an agreement among those three drivers not to include last week’s race results in the points race–10 cars took the track on Saturday night in the IMCA Stock Cars “A” feature.Shawn Primrose out-raced Jason Wilkinson and Chad Bruns to the checkered flag for the IMCA Sunoco Stock Car win.Lance Mielke got to the front midway through the 12-lap race and sped away from the pack for his third local Mach-1 Sport Compact victory this season.
Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppThe PNP Administration plans to bring new legislation in quarter three of this fiscal year related to the highly touted, Sovereign Wealth Fund. However, before that happens an electronic only consultation process is launched. The Ministry of Finance maintains this SWF will safeguard the economy from external economic shocks. Finance Minister Hon Washington Misick said: ““This consultation will provide individuals, professional bodies, businesses, churches and other stakeholders, with a voice and vital input into how we plan for the future of our country.” Related Items: To review the ‘Paper for Public Consultation on Sovereign Wealth Fund, visit the TCIG Website. Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp
Louis van Gaal has announced his retirement from football on Dutch television after leaving Manchester United nearly three years ago.Just two days after bringing the FA Cup to Old Trafford in his second campaign, Van Gaal was dismissed by United in the summer of 2016 to make way for the incoming Jose Mourinho.The 67-year-old has since been spending more time with his family, despite being linked with a number of managerial vacancies that included a return to his native Netherlands to replace Giovanni van Bronckhorst as Feyenoord manager before Jaap Stam’s appointment.Nevertheless, Van Gaal leaves the world of football behind with an impressive CV after managing some of the biggest clubs in the business in Barcelona, Bayern Munich and Ajax.The former United boss also enjoyed a successful stint in charge of the Dutch national team, where he led them to a third-place finish in the 2014 World Cup.“I am a pensioner now. I have no ambition to be a technical director or a TV pundit,” Van Gaal told VTBL.“My wife Truus gave up her job for me 22 years ago, and followed me when I went abroad. I told her I would quit as a coach when I turned 55, but instead kept going until I was 65.“She is entitled to have a life with me outside of football. I can say she is very happy. I think I could have worked as a technical director.”In total, Van Gaal won 536 of his 888 games at managerial level for both club and country.The Dutchman won league titles in Holland, Spain and Germany along with being named the 1994/95 European Coach of the Season.Liverpool legend Nicol slams Harry Maguire’s Man United form Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Steve Nicol believes Harry Maguire has made some “horrendous mistakes” recently, and has failed to find his best form since joining Manchester United.United stars Marcus Rashford and Anthony Martial both took to social media to pay tribute to their retired former boss upon his announcement earlier today.Van Gaal had handed Rashford his debut in the United senior team as a mere 18-year-old, while he was the one who brought Martial over to Old Trafford from AS Monaco in the summer of 2015.Thank you for opening the door & trusting in me. Enjoy retirement boss 👌🏾 pic.twitter.com/OqrEodNlz0— Marcus Rashford (@MarcusRashford) March 11, 2019Thanks for everything coach !! It was a honor to learn from you! 🙌🏾 pic.twitter.com/G1dYi1UJv0— Anthony Martial (@AnthonyMartial) March 11, 2019
Study IDs new cause of brain bleeding immediately after stroke (Phys.org)—A team of researches affiliated with several institutions in Japan has conducted research into the cellular structure of tight junctions in the small intestine, and has made progress in better understanding their construction, possibly helping to pave the way towards creating drugs that would be better equipped to make their way into the bloodstream. In their paper published in the journal Science, the team describes their research and findings and what they believe must be done next. Per Artursson and Stefan Knight with Uppsala University in Sweden offer a perspective piece on the work done by the team in the same journal edition. More information: Structural insight into tight junction disassembly by Clostridium perfringens enterotoxin, Science 13 February 2015: Vol. 347 no. 6223 pp. 775-778. DOI: 10.1126/science.1261833ABSTRACTThe C-terminal region of Clostridium perfringens enterotoxin (C-CPE) can bind to specific claudins, resulting in the disintegration of tight junctions (TJs) and an increase in the paracellular permeability across epithelial cell sheets. Here we present the structure of mammalian claudin-19 in complex with C-CPE at 3.7 Å resolution. The structure shows that C-CPE forms extensive hydrophobic and hydrophilic interactions with the two extracellular segments of claudin-19. The claudin-19/C-CPE complex shows no density of a short extracellular helix that is critical for claudins to assemble into TJ strands. The helix displacement may thus underlie C-CPE–mediated disassembly of TJs.PERSPECTIVE: Breaking the intestinal barrier to deliver drugs, Science, www.sciencemag.org/content/347/6223/716.summary Explore further Structure of mCldn19cryst in complex with C-CPE shown in ribbon representation and viewed parallel to the membrane. The color of mCldn19cryst changes from the N terminus (blue) to the C terminus (red), and C-CPE is colored green. Dashed lines indicate disordered regions. The gray bars suggest the membrane boundaries of the outer (Ext.) and inner (Cyt.) leaflets. Credit: Science 13 February 2015: Vol. 347 no. 6223 pp. 775-778. DOI: 10.1126/science.1261833 © 2015 Phys.org Journal information: Science In order for drugs taken orally to do their job, they must make their way through the stomach, and into the small intestine. Once there, they must pass through a layer of endothelial cells that make up a protective barrier meant to keep out harmful substances. Unlike the blood-brain barrier that exists in capillaries that are impermeable, the barrier in the small intestine is semi-permeable, allowing some substances to pass through, but not others. Those that do get through, find their way through what are known as tight junctions, the spaces between cells. In this new effort the researchers learned more about the crystal structure of claudin-19, one of the major proteins that exist in the barrier, by watching how it was impacted by a bacterial toxin known as CPE—prior research has shown that it breaks down material in the tight junctions allowing entry into the bloodstream and causing food borne illnesses.This new research was focused on learning more about how CPE causes destruction of claudin-19—the researchers found that it came about due to the bacteria’s ability to block the formation of a short, extracellular helix, which serves as a physical barrier. Without the barrier, CPE can pass right through. As Artursson and Knight point out, the new research did not lead to a clear understanding or explanation of just how CPE was able to block the formation of the helix, but it does offer a new path to take. If researchers can figure out just how exactly CPE blocks formation of the helix, the process might be duplicated in substances added to medicines, allowing future patients to take medicine orally that must now be given by injection. Citation: Researchers gain better understanding of cellular intestinal barrier structure (2015, February 13) retrieved 18 August 2019 from https://phys.org/news/2015-02-gain-cellular-intestinal-barrier.html This document is subject to copyright. Apart from any fair dealing for the purpose of private study or research, no part may be reproduced without the written permission. The content is provided for information purposes only.
MONTREAL — Transat A.T. Inc. reported a loss of $49.6 million in its latest quarter compared with a loss of $3.2 million a year earlier as it was hurt by rising costs.The travel company says the loss amounted to $1.32 per diluted share for the quarter ended Jan. 31 compared with a loss of nine cents per share a year ago when its results benefited from the sale of its Jonview subsidiary.Revenue in what was the company’s first quarter totalled $647.6 million, down from $648.4 million.The company says it was hurt by a rise in operating costs due to the weakening of the loonie against the U.S. dollar, higher fuel prices and additional costs related to the transition and optimization of its fleet.On an adjusted basis, Transat says it lost $36 million or 96 cents per share in its most recent quarter compared with an adjusted loss of $32.2 million or 87 cents per share a year earlier.More news: Hotel charges Bollywood star $8.50 for two bananas and the Internet has thoughtsAnalysts on average had expected a loss of 78 cents per share and revenue of 760.7 million, according to Thomson Reuters Eikon.“We’re at the heart of the implementation cycle of our strategic plan,” says Jean‑Marc Eustache, President and CEO of Transat. “The material transformations, especially in the fleet, lead to an increase in costs, which is a necessary step in order to improve our medium-term performance. If we add fuel and currency to that, we did not yet have all the right cards in hand to improve our results. We look forward to seeing our first two A321LRs arrive in the next three months, the first step before we start reaping the benefits of the changes in the coming years.” Tags: Air Transat, Profit Report, Transat Transat reports $49.6 million first quarter loss, looks ahead to delivery of first A321LRs By: The Canadian Press Thursday, March 14, 2019 Share << Previous PostNext Post >>