Rays send a message

first_imgBy Hayley Wildes The Dandenong Stingrays have again showcased their class and depth in a first versus second showdown against…[To read the rest of this story Subscribe or Login to the Gazette Access Pass] Thanks for reading the Pakenham Berwick Gazette. Subscribe or Login to read the rest of this content with the Gazette Digital Access Pass subscription.last_img

Fury over road plan

first_imgBy Jade LawtonAbout 150 residents packed the Officer Public Hall on Wednesday night to hear more about the proposed highway…[To read the rest of this story Subscribe or Login to the Gazette Access Pass] Thanks for reading the Pakenham Berwick Gazette. Subscribe or Login to read the rest of this content with the Gazette Digital Access Pass subscription.last_img

A gift of love

first_imgBy NICOLE WILLIAMS A QUILT is designed for comfort and a quilt from Quilts of Valour Australia is certainly no…[To read the rest of this story Subscribe or Login to the Gazette Access Pass] Thanks for reading the Pakenham Berwick Gazette. Subscribe or Login to read the rest of this content with the Gazette Digital Access Pass subscription.last_img

Business Business Three-peats Disc Break 2017

first_img BBQ Dads (Kelowna) Fiesta (Spokane) Lit (Calgary) Homegrown (Nelson) Business Business, a team consisting of players from Edmonton & Vancouver, captured the top prize for the third consecutive season.Rogue Hippo of Edmonton finished second with Saskatoon’s Bunny Thugs third.Nelson’s Homegrown, which defeated Business Business during the weekend, finished in seventh spot.More than 250 players attended the two day event.Final Top Ten Standings Include: Business Business (Edmonton/Vancouver) Mental Toss Flycoons (Missoula) Mastadon (Vancouver) Rogue Hippo (Edmonton) Dorkel (Vancouver) Bunny Thugs (Saskatoon) There were frisbee flying all over the Lakeside playing fields this past weekend as 17 teams took to the Heritage City to compete in Disc Break 2017.The annual tournament attracted players from Saskatoon to Seattle  and Missoula, Montanta to Edmonton.last_img read more

Galway Based Entrepreneur Comes Up With FootballKitBox.com

first_imgA Galway based entrepreneur has come up with an idea that has already grabbed the attention of Football fans around the country with an opportunity to get their hands on their favorite team’s kit on a regular basis without the hassle of searching through numerous websites or traipsing around numerous shops on the high street.The Company, known as footballkitbox.com was imagined on the west coast of Ireland earlier this year and is a subscription box service of genuine football kit that can be delivered every month. All the top clubs from around the world and most of the top international teams are featured with all kit packaged in a specially curated personal box. Audio Playerhttps://download-galwaybay.sharp-stream.com/PAUL%20BEHAN%20FEATURE.mp300:0000:0000:00Use Up/Down Arrow keys to increase or decrease volume. John Mulligan was curious, so he got more information from the man who came up with the idea Paul Behancenter_img print WhatsApp Facebook Twitter Emaillast_img read more

Benitez to leave Newcastle after failing to agree new contract

first_imgManager Rafa Benitez will leave Newcastle United when his contract expires on June 30, the Premier League club said on Monday.Benitez, 59, was expected to depart after failing to agree a contract extension with Newcastle owner Mike Ashley over the last few months.With the uncertainty over whether or not Ashley will sell the club ahead of the 2019-20 campaign, there appeared to be plenty of obstacles for both parties to overcome.“It is with disappointment that we announce manager Rafael Benítez will leave Newcastle United upon the expiry of his contract on 30th June 2019,” the club said in a statement.“We have worked hard to extend Rafa’s contract over a significant period of time, however it has not been – and will not be – possible to reach an agreement with Rafa and his representatives.”Former Liverpool and Real Madrid boss Benitez joined Newcastle in March 2016 but failed to save them from relegation from the Premier League.The Spaniard stayed in charge and led them to promotion from the Championship, then stabilized the club with a 10th-placed finish on their return to the top-flight and then 13th last season.“We would like to thank Rafa and his coaching team for their efforts over the last three years and their significant contribution to what has been collectively achieved,” the club added.“We would also like to thank our supporters, players and staff for their patience during a period of uncertainty.“The process to appoint a successor will now begin.”last_img read more

Pogoy excited to play alongside defensive idol Reyes

first_imgBrad Pitt wins his first acting Oscar as awards get underway Smart hosts first 5G-powered esports exhibition match in PH Chinese-manned vessel unsettles Bohol town Pumaren pushes Warriors to end UAAP Season on high note Where did they go? Millions left Wuhan before quarantine Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next BREAKING: Solicitor General asks SC to forfeit ABS CBN’s franchise We are young Smart’s Siklab Saya: A multi-city approach to esports MOST READ Taiwan minister boards cruise ship turned away by Japan PLAY LIST 01:31Taiwan minister boards cruise ship turned away by Japan01:33WHO: ‘Global stocks of masks and respirators are now insufficient’01:01WHO: now 31,211 virus cases in China 102:02Vitamin C prevents but doesn’t cure diseases like coronavirus—medic03:07’HINDI PANG-SPORTS LANG!’03:03SILIP SA INTEL FUND PH among economies most vulnerable to virus Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. View comments TNT Draft pick Roger Pogoy. Photo by Tristan Tamayo/INQUIRER.netOf all of the seven former Tamaraws selected in the 2016 PBA Rookie Draft, only he will get the chance of still being under the guidance of incoming TNT coach Nash Racela.“Sobrang saya kasi nakamit ko na yung pangarap ko at coach ko pa si coach Nash sa TNT,” said the Cebuano shoote, who was picked by the KaTropa in the Gilas round of the draft proceedings.ADVERTISEMENT EDITORS’ PICK 30 Filipinos from Wuhan quarantined in Capas But what excites Pogoy more is the prospect of him being mentored by his idol Ryan Reyes.“Since high school pa ako sa Cebu, gusto ko na talaga yung laro nya,” he shared, saying he tries to emulate the things Reyes does on the court. “Defender din sya eh, kaya ginagaya ko siya minsan.”FEATURED STORIESSPORTSGinebra teammates show love for SlaughterSPORTSWe are youngSPORTSCone plans to speak with Slaughter, agentThough still on a cloud nine, Pogoy knows that it’s the start of the hard work and he hopes to bring the same intensity he did in the amateur level as he makes the transition to the pros.“Maibibigay ko sa TNT yung aggressiveness ko at yung depensa ko. Yun naman yung strength ko eh,” he said. Mainland China virus cases exceed 40,000; deaths rise to 908last_img read more

GlobalPort deputy on collapse: ‘We stopped playing defense’

first_imgShanghai officials reveal novel coronavirus transmission modes Globalport assistant coach Cholo Villanueva said it was his team’s lackadaisical defensive effort in the final period that ultimately led to their 101-99 loss to Phoenix. “We stopped playing defense, we stopped running up and down in transition,” said Villanueva as the Batang Pier slipped to 3-3 while the Fuel Masters leapfrogged them to a 4-3 slate. “This helped them get easy points and defensive rebounds.”FEATURED STORIESSPORTSGinebra teammates show love for SlaughterSPORTSWe are youngSPORTSFreddie Roach: Manny Pacquiao is my Muhammad AliPhoenix stole the ball seven times and forced GlobalPort to 19 turnovers as the Fuel Masters took full advantage of th Batang Pier’s miscues to convert 18 points off turnovers. Rebounding was also an issue for GlobalPort with the Fuel Masters taking a distinct 56-48 advantage and converting 25 second chance points.  Senators to proceed with review of VFA Chinese-manned vessel unsettles Bohol town Taiwan minister boards cruise ship turned away by Japan PLAY LIST 01:31Taiwan minister boards cruise ship turned away by Japan01:33WHO: ‘Global stocks of masks and respirators are now insufficient’01:01WHO: now 31,211 virus cases in China 102:02Vitamin C prevents but doesn’t cure diseases like coronavirus—medic03:07’HINDI PANG-SPORTS LANG!’03:03SILIP SA INTEL FUND EDITORS’ PICK PH among economies most vulnerable to virus Smart hosts first 5G-powered esports exhibition match in PH Smart’s Siklab Saya: A multi-city approach to esports View comments Chinese-manned vessel unsettles Bohol town Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. “Of course it’s unfortunate that we ended this year with a loss but we always look forward to the next game to bounce back,” said Villanueva who filled-in for head coach Franz Pumaren. “So we’ll just learn from this and hopefully bounce back in the next game.”Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Fajardo doesn’t mind producing less numbers with SMB winning As fate of VFA hangs, PH and US forces take to the skies for exercise MOST READ Tristan Tamayo/INQUIRER.netChristmas may be over but GlobalPort experienced what it’s like getting a visit from the Grinch. On Wednesday, the Batang Pier was having their way against Phoenix but nothing would have prepared them against the Fuel Masters’ furious fourth-quarter fightback.ADVERTISEMENT Where did they go? Millions left Wuhan before quarantine We are younglast_img read more

Taylor, Williams head World U-20 team

first_imgCalabar High’s Christopher Taylor and overseas-based Briana Williams will lead a 42-member team, 22 males and 20 females, to the IAAF World Under-20 Championships, which will be held in Tampere, Finland, July 10-15. Taylor, who won the senior 400m title at the recent National Championships in a national junior record and personal best 44.88 seconds, is the top junior on the world list in the event. Taylor is also the top athlete in the 200m. Taylor was a semi-finalist in the one-lap event two years ago in Bydgoszcz, Poland. Williams, who was fifth among seniors in the women’s 100m at the National Championships, is ranked number five on the world list with 11.13. Also on the boys’ team is overseas-based Damion Thomas. Thomas, who has just completed his first season for Louisiana State University, won the Under-20 110m hurdles in a World Junior record-equalling time of 12.99 seconds. World Youth Under-18 110m hurdles champion, De’Jour Russell, who finished third at the championships, has been included in the team as a member of the 4x100m squad. Two female medallists from the 2017 World Under-18 Championships, Britany Anderson who won gold in the 100m hurdles, and Sanique Walker, who won silver in the 400m hurdles, are also included. Boys: Philip Barnett, Orlando Bennett, Michael Bentley, Anthony Carpenter, Shamar Chambers, Kai Chang, Shawkon Coke, Kimar Farqhuarson, Malik James King, Leanordo Ledgister, Jhevaughn Mattherson, Dashawn Morris, Xavier Nairne, Owayne Owens, Wayne Pinnock, Dejour Russell, Chantz Sawyers, Malik Smith, Michael Stephens, Christopher Taylor, Damion Thomas and Tyreke Wilson. Girls: Britany Anderson, Amoi Brown, Lotavia Brown, Janique Burgher, Lamara Distin, Shaquena Foote, Susan Francis, Janielle Josephs, Chrissani May, Fredrick McKenzie, Ockera Myrie, Kemba Nelson, Ackera Nugent, Shian Salmon, Kimone Shaw, Ackelia Smith, Colisha Taylor, Sanique Walker, Briana Williams and Stacy Ann Williams. Coaches: Jeremy Delisser, Michael Dyke, Marlon Gayle, Keilando Goburn, Neil Harrison, and Omar Hawes. SQUADlast_img read more

Armed Robbers Attack Bardnersville Township

first_imgArmed robbers early last Thursday morning attacked Gaye Dukpaye Community in Bardnersville Township, injuring an 18 year-old man and making away with several valuables plus cash. The incident occurred around 2 a.m. in Josiah Estate situated on the fringes of the Bardnersville Housing Estate and adjacent to the Bardnersville Cemetery.The alleged robbers, who were said to be ten in number, fired three rounds from a single barrel gun before breaking into two houses and making away with valuables before police arrived. The wounded were taken to hospital as police launched an investigation, frightened residents said. They broke into the home of Mr. Naisehkar Glauseay, the Quality Assurance Manager at Liberia Revenue Authority (currently on leave in Kenya) before extending their mission to his next door neighbor, Thomas Wesseh Sullie, who has been suffering from hypertension for the last several years. “I’m glad that nothing happened to me,” he said.The robbers looted a large flat screen TV, a lap top, clothes and other valuables from the Glauseay house and took an unspecified amount of cash in Liberian and United States dollars from Wesseh’s home, before injuring his 18-year-old son, Thomas Wesseh Sullie, Jr on his chest with a machete. Sullie, Jr is a senior at the Canterbury Episcopal High School in Bardnersville.“They did not really come to us,” Wesseh explained. “They came to Mr. Glauseay’s house, but because we were shouting rogue, rogue, they got angry and attacked us.”Wesseh said the robbers broke into his house through the back door. “They took away the school’s money my wife brought home because she is the registrar at Watt Daycare School in Bardnersville. Then, they cut my son on the right side of his chest.” T-Wee, as Wesseh is popularly called, is a former Executive Mansion employee who was downsized and later suffered a stroke in the aftermath almost a decade ago. He has not fully recovered. He said one of the attackers recognized him. “The Papay is sick. Let us leave him and go,” he quoted one of the robbers as saying.“I thank God that we did not lose a life. These guys were armed with single barrel guns. We need to reactivate the vigilante group to protect ourselves like we have done in the past,” advised T-Wee.Meanwhile Glauseay in a telephone conversation from Nairobi, Kenya, said “I hope the attack did not target me. Because they came directly to me, according to information and that alone is worrisome. I am equally horrified like the rest of my neighbors.”Police, who are reportedly investigating the incident, took away three empty single barrel shells and a statement from victims and community members. The community chair, Benedict N. Broplen, said they are particularly angry with the LNP which failed to come to their rescue in time, when called upon.Community residents are said to be in extreme fear. Besides petty theft, no incident of armed robbery has occurred in the Gaye Dukpaye Community for the last 25 years, residents said. “The whole community is scared and discussing the situation. This kind of thing has never happened here before,” Wilvena G. Dweh, a student journalist said.“I’m shocked and worried,” said community vice chairperson Col. Elizabeth Harmon of the Bureau of Immigration and Naturalization.Chairman Broplen said he will call a general meeting to galvanize the community youth to reorganize the community night watch team.“We have to get on our feet to protect our community,” Abbas J. Gbollie, the community youth chair added.Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)last_img read more